I COULD talk about my ‘sweet sixteen’ but that would depress the hell out of me. while other kids were learning to drive and out shopping for electric blue prom dresses, i was taking care of my family and playing grown up to a failing household. the situation is the subject to of so many of my memoirs, writings and things that i have read at open mic nights that i just don’t even feel like i can tell it again.
so instead- here is a list of sixteen things that make me smile-
- eating a piece of my son’s burnt almond birthday torte and pretending that it is a petit four that i am enjoying at a wedding.
- snow flurries
- my son’s sense of humor
- meatless monday yummies
- a good cup of coffee
- finishing something i’ve been writing
- peacock feathers
- the SAW movies- i think the puzzles and traps are so inventive, created by a twisted mind and brought to life for the world to see
- my boyfriend, lucas
- plants vs zombies
- a clean bathroom
- jammies fresh out of the dryer
- the smell of freshly baked bread
- butterfly gardens
- getting to sleep in
so, this list isn’t literature or heavy and deep, but it made me smile. so make that number 17.